We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Obduction is a first-person adventure game developed and published by Cyan, Inc., the creators of the Myst series of video games. It is, first and foremost, a puzzle-solving game, though a rich story is told through both the puzzles and the environment. You play the game as yourself, rather than taking on the role of an established character. Upon being abducted by a strange flying "seed", you explore your new environment in an attempt to learn more about the nature of your abduction and how you might return home.
Obduction was released on 24 August 2016 for PC, almost three years after a successful Kickstarter campaign raised over $1.3 million from over 22,000 people. Backers were granted early access to an unpolished Mac build at the same time as the PC release. An Oculus Rift version was published exclusively for Kickstarter backers on 28 October 2016, and Obduction became available in the Oculus Store three days later on the nineteenth anniversary of the release of Riven. Support for Oculus Touch and Vive was added on 22 March 2017. A finished Mac version was completed on 29 March 2017. Development continues on a PS4 version as well as support for PSVR.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Build every element of the experience to make you, the player, feel like this virtual world has become your world.
- The interface should be intuitive and transparent.
- The story should be revealed through exploration and not necessarily shoveled out in cinematic form.
- The puzzles should range from easy to difficult, but even the toughest puzzles should be designed so that you know that all the pieces to solve it are there in front of you.
- The sound and music should be balanced; they should add emotion but not become distracting or annoying.