There are five minecart objectives in Obduction that need to be completed as part of several puzzles. The power generator puzzle needs to be solved in order to access the minecart and complete any of them. They serve two main purposes: (1) allowing the player to pass through the Cell wall of both Hunrath and Kaptar (a mechanic that is important to several puzzles); and (2) granting access to the only functioning seed-swap device that leads to Soria.
Freeing the Minecart[edit | edit source]
The minecart starts the game inside C.W.'s workshop. Push the red button outside the workshop to open the door. Enter, climb the stairs, turn left and then immediately turn left again. Make two more left turns and walk straight up to the minecart. Push the elevator button, and the minecart will descend. Exit the workshop and get in the minecart by clicking on its door labeled "ENTER". You need to disengage the Mofang disabler and video screen to move the minecart. Do so by toggling the green switch in the upper right-hand part of the screen.
Hunrath Objectives[edit | edit source]
- The red beam in Hunrath.
- A shimmering pile of rocks.
- Move the minecart forward until you pass the second railroad switch in Downtown Hunrath. Move the railroad switch in the direction of Farley's Community Center. Back the minecart up until you encounter the next railroad switch, and move it away from the Tree before passing it. Move the minecart past the next railroad switch and destroy the solid volume projector displaying a pile of shimmering rocks.
- Another pile of shimmering rocks.
- Move the minecart backward until you are backed into the caved-in mineshaft. Move the minecart forward for a long distance until you have a clear view of the Arai compound. Exit the minecart and open the large swinging gate if you have not already done so. Destroy the solid volume projector displaying a pile of shimmering rocks at the back of the compund.
- A third pile of shimmering rocks.
- Move the minecart all the way backward until you are again backed into the caved-in mineshaft. Move the railroad switch away from Farley's Community Center. Move the minecart forward until you pass the next railroad switch, and move the switch away from the Tree. Back up the minecart until you pass the next railroad switch. Move it away from Downtown Hunrath and move forward for a long time, passing through the cell wall and continuing until you reach the railcar blocking access to the Junkyard.
- Exit the minecart. Pass through the cell wall nearby and enter the Arai compound. Go through the cell wall at the back of the mineshaft. Follow the path forward and turn right. Follow the track around to the traincar door and slide it open. Reenter the minecart and move it forward through the loop until you are back at the outside railroad switch. Move the switch towards the Bosque. Continue forward until you are forced to stop. Destroy the solid volume projector displaying a pile of shimmering rocks in the lower right-hamd part of the screen.
- The red beam in Kaptar.
- This objective cannot be completed until you have activated the swing bridge in Kaptar and made it to the Temple. When facing the front of the Temple, go left through the front of the temple. You will eventually encounter a seed-swap device that leads to Hunrath. Use the device to return the sphere to its proper place in Hunrath.
- Return to the minecart and move it into the building in Downtown Hunrath. Continue until the minecart is centered on the sphere you just swapped over. From the minecart, you should be able to access a seed-swap device. Use it to return to Kaptar with the minecart, and maneuver the cart until you can destroy the red beam.